Does Anyone Like to Garden?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Does Anyone Like to Garden?

Postby jadegil6 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:45 pm

Wow! That sounds amazing, Smiley. I am glad to hear that you have had so much success with your gardening. I am looking forward to the time that I can have a garden like yours. Where I live in Austin, I have a giant Red Oak tree that shades about 80% of my property, and there are other trees that shade some of the remaining 20%, so there is almost zero direct sunlight that gets to the ground. That does little to produce vegetables, although I have many ornamental plants around the house. Some of them died over the last winter when temperatures got down to 18 degrees here two nights in a row. I think that was the coldest it has been here in about ten years. At least for those living in the Philippines, they do not have to worry about freezes like we do in North America.
Many years ago, I lived in a different house, and it had a big un-shaded yard, and I had a raised-bed garden there. I loved being able to eat fresh produce right out of the garden. I hope that you will have great success this year with yours.
jadegil6
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1150
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:39 pm

Re: Does Anyone Like to Garden?

Postby cheryz » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:23 am

Awesome Sir Smiley. now is rainy season here i dont have time to plant, i feel sad when we got home 3 of my pot was stolen maybe the kids who passing by at our house maybe they need at school the one is flower that i really like.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
User avatar
cheryz
 
Posts: 1592
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 1:16 am
Location: philippines

Re: Does Anyone Like to Garden?

Postby Smiley » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:09 pm

The results from the garden were a lot better this year except for the sweet potato. It is very rare to have figs in Canada but as I live in the southernmost area we do ok. We got way over a thousand figs this year.In fact everything was very productive except for the sweet potato which I dug about a week ago and got far less than a bushel. Tomatoes and peppers did very well as did the green beans. Onions did ok but nothing spectacular. The eggplant were very productive. I'm enlarging the raised beds again and will be planting my garlic next week,both regular and elephant (which in reality is actually a member of the leek family). I will try to find seeds for a hot pepper known as the Carolina Reaper,might be fun to grow. I might build another bed for some melons too, I'll have to see how the time works out for that.
Smiley
 
Posts: 728
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:27 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Does Anyone Like to Garden?

Postby cheryz » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:28 am

Amazing sir smiley your a agriculturist ;) I love to eat melon every summer we make some shakes so yummy :D
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
User avatar
cheryz
 
Posts: 1592
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 1:16 am
Location: philippines

Re: Does Anyone Like to Garden?

Postby Smiley » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:01 pm

I will start getting the garden beds ready in a few weeks, We can't really plant much until May though,I just always get a little eager after putting up with winter.
Smiley
 
Posts: 728
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:27 pm
Location: Canada

Previous

Return to Your first forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests

cron